Thank you for stopping by my campaign website!
Please take a few minutes to browse my site and learn more about me. You can also visit the site of the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office, located here.
Sheriff Ingram’s responsibilites are complex and include the management of a $16,060,630.00 budget and oversight of more than 212 employees. Additional duties include overseeing a 477-bed correctional facility and operating a multi-functional law enforcement agency in one of the largest and fastest growing counties in NC.
While serving as Sheriff of Brunswick County, accomplishments include:
- Increasing the inmate labor work force to assist with routine maintenance of county buildings and grounds.
- Developing a “Citizen’s Academy” which is currently a nine week orientation course. It’s conducted in a classroom and “out-in-the-field” with certified agency instructors from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines.
- Obtained Tasers for the department in order to provide an additional level of safety for the officers as well as the suspects. This enabled our department to reduce the overall number of injuries and claims received.
- Partnered with the Governor’s Highway Safety Program to obtain funding enabling the Sheriff’s Office to put additional patrol units on our streets and in our neighborhoods targeting the criminal element through aggressive traffic enforcement. This grant provided funding in excess of $300,000.00 at no additional cost to the taxpayers of the county.
- Significantly reduced the number of un-served warrants on violators and fugitives by aggressively apprehending those evading capture.
- Increasing the community watch program and creating a system to notify participants about crimes occurring in their neighborhoods.
- Seek national accreditation for the agency’s law enforcement and detention operations.
- Partner with the Brunswick Community College to provide GED classes to inmates in the detention facility.
- Partner with the Cooperative Extension Office to create a program to teach inmates how to grow and maintain vegetables to supplement the inmate food supply in the Detention Facility.
PROGRAMS IMPLEMENTED BY SHERIFF INGRAM
- Citizens Academy
- Senior Citizens Academy
- Citizens Observer Program
- Expanded DARE (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) to Middle Schools
- S T O P P E D Program
- Victim’s Advocate Program
- Volunteers Program
- Retired LEO (Law Enforcement Officers) Program
- Detention G.E.D. Program