Thank you for stopping by my campaign website!
Please take a few minutes to browse my site and learn more about me. You can also visit the site of the Brunswick County Sheriff’s Office, located here.
Sheriff Ingram’s responsibilities are complex and include the management of a $37,986,712 budget and oversight of more than 330 employees. Additional duties include overseeing a 477-bed correctional facility and operating a multi-functional law enforcement agency in one of the largest and fastest growing counties in NC.
While serving as Sheriff of Brunswick County, accomplishments include:
- Assigned School Resource Officers to every public school in Brunswick County
- Proactive approach to school safety by implementing numerous school security measures and providing extensive training for School Resource Officers
- Increasing the inmate labor work force to assist with routine maintenance of county buildings and grounds.
- Developing a “Citizen’s Academy” which is currently a nine week orientation course. It’s conducted in a classroom and “out-in-the-field” with certified agency instructors from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines.
- Obtained Tasers for the department in order to provide an additional level of safety for the officers as well as the suspects. This enabled our department to reduce the overall number of injuries and claims received.
- Partnered with the Governor’s Highway Safety Program to obtain funding enabling the Sheriff’s Office to put additional patrol units on our streets and in our neighborhoods targeting the criminal element through aggressive traffic enforcement. This grant provided funding in excess of $300,000.00 at no additional cost to the taxpayers of the county.
- Significantly reduced the number of un-served warrants on violators and fugitives by aggressively apprehending those evading capture.
- Increasing the community watch program and creating a system to notify participants about crimes occurring in their neighborhoods.
- Recognized as nationally accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies, Inc, (CALEA)
- Partner with the Brunswick Community College to provide GED classes to inmates in the detention facility.
- Recently elected to serve as First Vice President of the NCSA Executive Committee
- Served as President of the NCSA Executive Committee from 2019-2020
PROGRAMS IMPLEMENTED BY SHERIFF INGRAM
- Citizens Academy
- Senior Citizens Academy
- Citizens VOICE Patrol
- BCSO Quartet
- Expanded DARE (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) to Middle Schools
- S T O P P E D Program
- Volunteer Program
- Detention G.E.D. Program
- Rape Aggression Defense (RAD)
- Brunswick Sheriff’s Charitable Foundation (BSCF)
- Tidings of Joy (Christmas for Kids)
- Project Lifesaver
- Anchor Initiative